Sunday, July 20, 2008

Koons at Sunset



If you haven't been up to the roof at the Met to see Jeff Koons' whimsical POP sculptures, choose a Friday or Saturday night and make a sunset drink of it. There are cocktails on offer named after the works -- Balloon Dog/yellow (top), Sacred Heart/Red/Gold and Coloring Book (bottom, above).

The very idea that Koons became a commodities trader in the early '80s (after spending a few years at the membership desk at MoMa) to finance his art is fascinating. How smart this man is. Definitely worth drinking to.

1 comment:

makeithappen said...

Dear Nadine,

I am interested in speaking with you regarding a Fashion in the Media course that I would like to develop for Kent State University's NYC Studio program. I apologize as my research skills are waning, for this is the only way that I have found to reach you. Please contact me at your earliest convenience at 917-608-0611 or ealdredg@kent.edu.

Kindest regards,
Emily Aldredge
Director, NYC Studio
Kent State University